Use this form to contact us. 

We will respond asap.

call US at (704) 759-6110

10550 Independence Pointe Pkwy, Ste 200
Matthews, NC 28105

(704) 759-6110

Semirog Law Firm, pllc is a personal injury and auto accidents law firm located in Charlotte and Matthews, North Carolina.   We are committed to providing quality legal services in a dedicated and cost-effective manner to all members of our community, regardless of race, gender, or national origin.

We have handled complicated litigation in the areas of personal injury, car wrecks, truck accidents, family and business law.  In addition, we have experience in real estate law and short-sale negotiations.

We offer standard and flexible billing arrangements for our clients, such as flat fee billing, hourly billing, and contingency fee billing depending on the type of legal matter.


Matthews North Carolina personal injury and auto accident attorneys and Charlotte North Carolina personal injury and auto accident and car accident and motorcycle accident attorneys.

Read our blog where we post recents news in developments in the personal injury and car and auto accidents law in North Carolina.  Learn interesting facts and legal concepts that will help you in your daily life.

New NC Legislation Regarding Mopeds

Serge Semirog

Running rampant around Europe and gaining traction in the United States, mopeds are quick and easy transportation accessible to people who don't even have a license.  At the beginning of July, NC House Bill 1145 came into affect and changed the regulation governing the beloved vehicles.  

As of July 1st, 2015, mopeds are required to be registered with the NC Department of Motor Vehicles.  The NCDMV defines a moped as:

"Two or three wheels, no external shifter, with a motor not to exceed 50 cubic centimeters of piston displacement and up to 30 mph propulsion on a level surface."

If you are the owner of a moped in North Carolina, be sure to supply your Manufacture's Certificate of Origin (MCO) and a certification of plate and/or address.  Should you not have your MCO, please fill out an Affidavit of Facts for the Registration of a Moped (MVR-58).  In addition, you will need to show your NC Driver License or a valid identification card.

The only change for mopeds is the registration.  Previous requirements for using a moped in NC remain unchanged.  The driver must still be 16 years of age or older and wear a proper motorcycle safety helmet.  

On the plus side, you do not need a Driver License nor do you need liability insurance for the moped.  

Find more information about mopeds here and drive safe!

By Serge SemirogGoogle +